Teacher friends, time to get out, stay in or celebrate the weekend. Do not spend all weekend grading papers, blah, blah, blah. Spend a short amount of time doing what you must, and then celebrate. Here’s some ideas ending, of course, with going to God’s house tomorrow and get fed.
- Make a meal that you haven’t had time to make all week. Keep it simple–I am tired, and I am not spending a lot of time in a kitchen, but I do want a good meal. We know that all week we have eaten fries and a burger, and then switched it up with tater tots and a chicken sandwich. You know that’s as good as it’s gotten. I am thinking something fall, soupy and out of this new Texas Hometown Cookbook that I have bought. Texas friends, I have got to come visit your state soon! Y’all got some good food down there.
- Don’t forget dessert or forget the meal and just eat dessert. You will not die of it. If you do not have time to cook it or have the stuff, call and order a dessert from your favorite restaurant for take out. I HIGHLY suggest Chocolate Thunder from Down Under from Outback. Drive home fast so the ice cream will not melt on the way home. OR if you want to make something that is easy and good, buy a bottle of Nellie & Joe’s Famous Key West Lime Juice located by the other lemon and lime juices and follow the recipe on the bottle. This is a key lime pie that is easy and delicious!!!
- Go to a yard sale, fall festival,…it seems my area is full of those today. You know they are selling some good snacks and crafty things to decorate the house for fall, or in our case, apartment C2 (Oh, God, please sell our house!)
- Rent a movie or pull one up on Netflix. Make it funny. Last night we watched Kindergarten Cop. You know we can all relate to that. I love the part where Arnold Schwarzenegger slugs that dad who is abusing his little boy. Tonight’s movie may be about a love story in another country–we need a mind vacation. FYI-my husband is wonderful.
- Look on Pinterest for something to make. I am not crafty, but there are some things that are cheap, easy, and doable for someone like me. This makes me happy.
- Coffee–find a coffee shop. Right now I love the Pumpkin thing from Starbucks, but here close to Louisville, we have discovered Heine Brothers’ coffee shop. Oh my word!! That Caramel Vanilla Iceberg thing is to die for.
- Listen to some praise music. Fill your head with some good praise to the King and tell the enemy to leave you alone. You are a child of the Most High God, and he (the enemy) has no control over you. He only has control over what you give Him if you are a follower of Christ Jesus. Click below if you want to know more about my King Jesus and quit trying to go through hell with a squirt gun.
- Take a nap.
- Don’t miss church on Sunday. You need a strong start to the week.
Now a word from God:
I love you. I can help. Give me this burden, and let me handle it. I know that your job is tough, but you are tougher because of Me. I will give you the strength that you need through Christ Jesus. I have given you the weekend to rest emotionally and physically: do it. And pray. Find time to pray, before school, after school, right before bed…give me some time–Me and you. Don’t come to Me with your “Please, God do something” prayers that you really don’t mean. Come to me with a desperate prayer, like to the man in Luke 18:10-14:
10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’
13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
It was his spirit of humility that made a difference.
I am ready to do great things, and I have good things in store for you. Trust me and relax.
Now, relax, and enjoy this weekend.
“Worship the Lord your God; it is he who will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies.” 2 Kings 17:39
Remember that not all stories have a happy ending this side of heaven, but if you know Jesus, all stories have a happy ending on the other side of heaven. Not at all trying to end on a downer note, but I teach also. I know that it is going to be ok, but not all situations get better any time soon. But, God can change everything in less than a blink of an eye.
Want to know more about a relationship with Jesus? Click here.
Also, enjoy one of my favorite songs: You Make Beautiful Things