So you are looking at your social media and thinking, “Is everyone getting a ring but me?” Remember just a couple of key things:
- All those not getting a ring are not posting pictures of a hand without a ring. That’s a lot of ladies. Be excited for those who have found that special man this year. Many gals I know I have waited on God’s time, and He has brought that special person in His time.
- Stay strong. Don’t compromise. He ain’t worth it. (She’s not either, if you happen to be a man).
- God has a great plan for you. He knows the desires of your heart. He has not forgotten about you. When I was 26, 27, 28, I thought he had forgotten me also.
- Being married is not the end all and be all of life. There are more important things. Marriage will not make you happy-if it would, then why would so many be divorced?
- Find your purpose. Therein, you will be happy. Happy is not really the word…fulfilled, content, at peace, joyful in Christ and in Christ alone. Don’t you want that? It is not going to come through a relationship.
So, single friend, sing along to one of my favorite Chipmunk songs. Rest in a Sovereign God Who has your best interests at heart. His plan is perfect. Trust Him.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
P.S.-All the candy is on sale tomorrow…just saying.