At a time when we teachers are totally serious about everything, wait no. We are half crazy with Energizer bunny like students, that we know leave parents each morning who are saying, “Ha, ha, there you are. Do something with this why don’t you” as they drop them off at school.
While in carpool lines, we are certain we are seeing parents push them out the car door, and throw their backpacks out as they race out of the parking lot. We can almost hear them crying for joy to not have to spend five more minutes with them, as we prepare to spend seven, yes, seven hours with their little bundle of joy. As they walk past me, entering school, there are days when I am thinking, “And someone was glad when you started talking.”
If you happen not to be a teacher, you might say, “Is it really that bad?”
Yes. I do like my job, and there is some sarcasm there, but I will let you figure out where the sarcasm ends and truth begins.
But since we are delirious, how about a playlist? Comment and add any songs that you feel I have overlooked. And hang in there friend. Only two times a year will you question your career choices: December and May. We are moving right on through December with a brute force. Not going to let any small or large children kill my Christmas joy.
- “Message in a Bottle” Sending out my SOS to the world. https://youtu.be/MbXWrmQW-OE
- “I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues” “Don’t wish it away, don’t look at it like it’s forever…”
- “I Used to Love Her Til I Had to Kill Her” Well, you get the idea. Questioned that this one pushes that inappropriate limit, but of course, we are not serious here.
- “If I Only Had a Brain” This one comes to mind often. Unfortunately, it comes to mind when I am having conversations with students. https://youtu.be/aJE0L6ORKBM
- “Jesus, Take the Wheel” No explanation needed. https://youtu.be/lydBPm2KRaU
- “Whiskey River Take My Mind” Another one that needs no explanation, but I am a Christ follower, so I side with #5 rather than this, but, hey, it’s what comes to mind. I am also a Tennessee girl, so that explains a lot. https://youtu.be/oVI4dzbYXMc
That’s all I got. Please no judgement. I love my kids. I love my job. I love my kids. I love my job.
No, I actually do. I teach amazing kids with amazing teachers and an amazing staff. I know how blessed I am.
Merry (please hurry up and come soon) Christmas.
1 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!” Luke 2:11-14
Best news ever.