As I start a new school year, help me to remember the most important things and to keep them always in front of my face.
- Help me to remember that I am in the school and with the children that you are designed that I would be this school year
- Help me to look at those children with my heart and not my eyes
- Help me to pray for them and their stressed families often because only You God can make a difference, not a teacher
- Each time I drive by a lower rent area, see mamas and children piling out of a car that can’t possibly go any further, or stand in line next to a mama who is screaming at her child while the child stands in humiliation that many of my children face this everyday.
- Help me to remember that the only peace many experience is in my classroom and I must fight to have a peaceful classroom
Let’s commit to show peace, love and the value of all lives to our students this year. If our test scores suffer, let’s all go down together. We can all go to another country and teach children that desperately want to learn and have no resources for that.
On a lighter note, God, help me to never watch Dr. Oz because I am reminded of all the things wrong with me, and I am stressed about all the things I need to do. I ain’t got time for that.
Changing the world with you, teachers.
PS: Thanks for your encouraging messages & comments . Each one means so much.